Monday, March 17, 2008

Mom's Having a Bad Monday...

OK...so, I seem to be starting off my week on a bad note. We had a great weekend with the boys and this morning they were a little more clingy than normal when I left for work. I felt badly and told them to "go to the window so Mommy can wave bye-bye to you". So...they went to the window, I started my car and started to back out of the driveway while waving to them and smiling my biggest, cheesiest grin. That was about the time I plowed into our nanny's car (parked behind me) and the kiddos were my audience....CRAP! I totally cracked apart her license plate cover, but apparently did no other damage. Luckily, she was very sweet about it. Argh...this is NOT a good start to the week!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ah! Sorry, but that made me chuckle. I can just picture it...

But just remember, they are too young to hold it against you later when they are learning to drive and you get mad at them for unexplainable fender dents.

Melissa said...

Oh no! Sounds just like something I would do, and something similar to what Frank did last August when we went to NY and he backed my van into a concrete post. Max has not forgotten and reminds him often. We had to pay out $500 for that little mishap.
Sorry you had to start your week out that way. Glad your nanny was understanding and there wasn't any "real" damage.